At Providence Church we believe that the corporate worship of the church is at the center of all we are and all we do as a body. It is here that God makes himself known through the Gospel; the Gospel that is both heard through the preaching of the Word and tasted in the giving of bread and wine. We gather together as a congregation, the young with the old, to meet with our God knowing that He promises to gather with us and to meet our needs every Lord’s Day. And in turn, we have the glorious privilege to respond to God’s goodness by joining our voices in prayer and praise.
Time & Location
Divine Service 10:00 am
We desire as many people as possible to attend worship in person. However, we do ask that you seriously consider CDC and state guidelines for attendance. These include the follow:
1. Please verify that every member of your household has passed a quick pre-screening and has not experienced any of the following
symptoms in the past 48 hours:
• fever or chills
• shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• muscle or body aches
• new loss of taste or smell
• sore throat
• congestion or runny nose
• nausea or vomiting
2. All people considered at “high risk” may wish to stay home or come prepared with extra PPE such as a N95 respirator to avoid risk of exposure. High risk groups include all adults over age 60 as well as people with such serious chronic medical conditions such as: heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, other respiratory issues, or a compromised immune system.
Providence recommends all attendees adhere to the safety recommendations provided by the CDC and The State of California as much as reasonably possible. You can anticipate:
1. We will be meeting inside for worship.
2. We will ask members of different households to maintain 6 ft of social distance at all times. According to CA Guidance on Masks and PPE, masks will also ask indoors attendees to wear masks at all times and outdoors if you are unable to maintain 6ft of social distance.
2. All volunteers such as the ushers and officers serving communion will be required to wear masks and gloves at all times.
3. Groups of chairs will be setup with wide aisles and extra distance between each row to promote social distancing. Chairs will be setup in groups so that you can sit with the members of your household, and ushers will guide you to seating that can accommodate your family.
4. We will eliminate all passing of shared items and will print all hymns in the bulletin, collect the offering via boxes located in the back, and change our procedures for the Lord’s Supper.
Yes. If you are high risk, experiencing symptoms, or you have been exposed to COVID-19 we will continue to provide a live-stream of our service for you to follow at home.
Communion will function largely the same way as always and will be served by the church officers. However, instead of distributing bread and wine by passing trays, officers will hand out the elements. Please note, communion is intended for in-person participants only.
The nursery will not be available during worship service, and all activities after service have been placed on hold. This includes the snack table, our monthly fellowship meal, and all Sunday school classes.
Please come to worship having prepared your heart as best as possible, ready to serve and defer to one another. There will be a new procedures and rules to follow at the direction of the ushers. Also, remember that some among us may be nervous and wary of the health risks, so please seek the good of such brothers and sisters.