At Providence Church we believe that the corporate worship of the church is at the center of all we are and all we do as a body. It is here that God makes himself known through the Gospel; the Gospel that is both heard through the preaching of the Word and tasted in the giving of bread and wine. We gather together as a congregation, the young with the old, to meet with our God knowing that He promises to gather with us and to meet our needs every Lord’s Day. And in turn, we have the glorious privilege to respond to God’s goodness by joining our voices in prayer and praise.
Time & Location
Join us at our new location, Linfield Christian School.
31950 Pauba Road
Temecula, CA 92592
**Update on July 18, 2020 with our change to outside service.**
Though we desire as many people to attend worship as possible, we will continue to defer to the CDC and state recommendations that all people who meet the following criteria not attend public gatherings at this time:
1. People who are currently sick, or have members of their household who are sick.
2. All adults considered at “high risk” in the event of exposure.
3. People who have serious chronic medical conditions such as: heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, other respiratory issues, or a compromised immune system.
In addition, members who are not yet comfortable attending public gatherings may continue to stay home. With that said, we are taking every necessary precaution to make our gathering as safe as possible using the most up to date information and recommendations.
Providence will adhere to the safety recommendations provided by the CDC and The State of California as closely as possible. You can anticipate:
1. Signage posted reminding congregants to maintain 6 ft. of social distance at all times.
2. All volunteers such as the ushers and officers serving communion will be required to wear masks and gloves at all times.
3. Groups of chairs will be setup with wide aisles and extra distance between each row to promote social distancing. Chairs will be setup in groups so that you can sit with the members of your household, and ushers will guide you to seating that can accommodate your family.
4. We will eliminate all passing of shared items and will print all hymns in the bulletin, collect the offering via boxes located in the back, and change our procedures for the Lord’s Supper.
5. In concert with the latest state guidelines for worship, we will be meeting outside. For the time being, the change to meeting outside means that masks will not only be required if you are unable to maintain 6 ft of social distance with members outside of your household.
Yes. If you are high risk, experiencing symptoms, or you have been exposed to COVID-19 we will continue to provide a live-stream of our service for you to follow at home.
Communion will function largely the same way as always and will be served by the church officers. However, instead of distributing bread and wine by passing trays, officers will hand out the elements. Please note, communion is intended for in-person participants only.
We plan to continue to hold one worship service every Sunday, beginning at 8:30 am.
The nursery will not be available during worship service, and all activities after service have been placed on hold. This includes the snack table, our monthly fellowship meal, and all Sunday school classes.
Please come to worship having prepared your heart as best as possible, ready to serve and defer to one another. There will be a new procedures and rules to follow at the direction of the ushers. Also, remember that some among us may be nervous and wary of the health risks, so please seek the good of such brothers and sisters.